BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 8


6/19/10

Definately sick.
I'm feeling better, and I'm not getting sick anymore. But I'm still out of it and could not imagine walking through direct sunlight over rough terrain all morning. It was NOT happening no matter how much I wanted it to.
Grandma stayed with me because she's not feeling so well either, and she doesn't care as much by now. Karin offered to stay home instead, but she ended up going. She felt miserable most of the time and didn't participate in everything.

Once everyone was returning to the ship for lunch, Sam called my room to check up on me. She told me to go to lunch and that it should help. Turns out the frozen ice cream helps; go figure the cold is what I was really craving. Sam came over to check on me and she was please with how I was feeling. I think I'm going to be ok for tomorrow.
I hung out in Kj's room after lunch, and she and Mark had brought me back a present from the alabaster workshop. They make pieces there the same way it has been shaped for thousands of years. Kj said Mark picked out the blue lapis lazuli cat statue to match my Sekhmet statue. Its very pretty and I like it a lot. They also brought back pictures from the Valley of the Kings in postcard size. NO pictures can be taken in the tombs, so they sell pictures this way.

I haven't told mom I've been sick in my daily text message, and I'm not planning on doing so until I get home. She will just worry and mess up her own day worrying about me while I'm feeling better.
After dinner Mark suggested we all play a game in the "library" area. We played british monopoly. Grandma was in position to win when she decided she just didn't care and made silly moves in order to lose. I hope she and Karin feel better tomorrow and that tomorrow will be more exciting. Tomorrow is the temple of Denderah.

Tune in tomorrow for the continuation of Sarah's Egypt Adventure

0 comments: