BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 5, 2010

Day One

6/12/10

Today begins my Egyptian Adventure. True, day one starts and continues mostly in the United States, but every story needs some background.

Drive the three hours to JFK airport.
Arrive FIVE HOURS EARLY to wait in line to check our luggage and for me to realize i forgot my lock. We sit and sit and sit. We watch the football match U.S. vs Great Britain. Meet a lot of people from the Grand Circle Tour. Meanwhile I am having a revelation.

I AM THE YOUNGEST PERSON ON THE TOUR. This tour is meant for ages 55 and up.

Mom is beginning to react to the separation, and she even got me a texting plan before we left. My three year old phone is old enough that it will work in Egypt where only At&T exists. I have the only communicative capabilities on this trip.
We board. We are in a four across and I am stuck in the middle. Great.
Movies- Invictis- ok New Moon- UGGHHHHHH can't escape!! Did You Hear About the Morgans -funny
Twelve hours of screaming children when you are trying to sleep to arrive at Cairo Airport.
I don't know if we will survive.

Toon in tomorrow to see if we survived the worst flight in the history of flights!

0 comments: